* For professionals working in the wine industry.
* For wine lovers seeking to delve deeper into the world of wines.
* Minimum age of 16.
* It is recommended that you hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge.
* English (standard)
* A minimum of 36 hours + exam training + exam (3 hour)
* WineWise offers this level as both open course and in-company training.
* The WSET Level 3 can be studied for online as well (Distance Learning programme) – meer info
* Wine merchants and other companies: create a group of minimum 8 people and request an offer free of obligation here.
What you´ll learn
* The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
* How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal:
– still wines of the world
– sparkling wines of the world
– fortified wines of the world
* How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
* How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
* For more information and full details of the course requirements, please download the Specification.
Internationally recognized WSET exam
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions, a paper of short written answers and a blind tasting of two wines.
A total mark of 55% or more is required to receive the WSET level 3 Award in Wines certificate and lapel pin, and to use the associated WSET certified logo.
All WineWise trainers have past WSET level 4 at least.
Further education courses
* WSET niveau 4 Diploma in Wine and Spirits – meer info
* WSET level 2 Award in Spirits (online) – more info
* Keep up sessions to keep your wine knowledge up-to-date – more info
* € 1.150 (excl. VAT – € 1391,5 incl. VAT) – classroom
* € 75 extra cost if other language than English (French or Dutch)
* Re-sit exam: € 250 (€ 100 Tasting / € 150 Theory) – attention, a “NO SHOW” without doctors proof is also considered as a re-sit.
* € 650 (excl. VAT – € 786,50 incl. VAT) – online – only available in English
* € 16,40 shipment outside Belgium