* For the beginning and intermediate wine professional seeking guidance.
* For the beginning wine lover.
* No entry requirements, apart from the minimum age of 16.
* And obviously wanting to learn to taste wine, and to work with it in a responsible way.
* English (standard)
* A minimum of 18 hours + exam (1 hour)
* WineWise offers this level as both open course and in-company training.
* The WSET Level 2 can be studied for online as well (Distance Learning programme) – meer info
* Wine merchants and other companies: create a group of minimum 8 people and request an offer free of obligation here.
What you´ll learn
* How wine is made
* What factors influence wine style
* The key white and black varieties and their characteristics
* The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
* The production of sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
* Label terminology
* The principles of food and wine pairing
* The principal categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made
* How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
* For more information and full details of the course requirements, please download the Specification.
Internationally recognized WSET exam
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions.
A total mark of 55% or more is required to receive the WSET level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits certificate and lapel pin.
All WineWise trainers have past WSET level 4 at least.
* € 520 (excl. VAT – € 629,20 incl. VAT) – classroom
* € 365 (excl. VAT – € 441,65 incl. VAT) – online
* € 25 extra cost if other language than English
* € 16,40 shipment outside Belgium