* For the beginning to half advanced spirit professional seeking more product knowledge to increase professional confidence on the work floor.
* A must for every barman/-lady.
* For the beginning spirit lover.
* No entry requirements, apart from a minimum age of 18.
* And obviously wanting to learn to taste spirits, and to work with it in a responsible way.
* A minimum of 18 hours + exam (1 hour)
* WineWise offers this course in-company only
* This course is also offered in Distance Learning – more info
* Wine merchants and other companies: create a group of minimum 8 people and request an offer free of obligation here.
What you´ll learn
* The basic principles of spirit production
* The main types and styles of spirits
* How to serve spirits
* Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
* How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
* For more information and full details of the course requirements, please download the Specification.
Internationally recognized WSET exam
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions.
A total mark of 55% or more is required to receive the WSET level 2 Award in Spirits certificate and lapel pin.
* WineWise trainers with minimum WSET Level 3 and specialised in the world of Spirits.
Further education courses
* WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits – meer info
* WSET Level 3 Award in Wines – meer info
* Keep up sessions to keep your spirit- or wine knowledge up-to-date – more info
* € 520 (excl. VAT – € 629,20 incl. VAT) – classroom
* € 365 (excl. VAT – € 441,65 incl. VAT) – online
* € 25 extra cost if other language than English (French)
* € 16,40 shipment outside Belgium