* For the beginning wine professional, increasing confidence in the workplace.
* For the beginning wine lover.
No entry requirements, apart from wanting to learn to taste wine and to work with wine in a responsible way.
* English (standard)
* A minimum of 6 hours + exam (1 hour)
* WineWise offers this for groups only: @your company, @home or @WineWise Antwerp.
* Wine merchants and other companies: create a group of minimum 8 people and request an offer free of obligation here.
What you´ll learn
* The main types and styles of wine
* Common wine grapes and their characteristics
* How to store and serve wine
* The principles of food and wine pairing
* How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
* For more information and full details of the course requirements, please download the Specification.
Internationally recognized WSET exam
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions.
A total mark of 70% is required to receive the WSET level 1 Award in Wines certificate and pin.
All WineWise trainers have past WSET level 3 at least.
* € 225 (excl. VAT – € 272,25 incl. VAT) – classroom
* € 25 extra cost if study material/exam in other language than English
* € 365 (excl. VAT – € 441,65 incl. VAT) – online