* For the beginning spirit professional seeking more product knowledge to increase professional confidence on the work floor.
* For the experienced Horeca professional seeking more in-depth knowledge of spirits.
* For the beginning spirit lover.
* No entry requirements.
* But obviously wanting to learn to taste spirits, and to work with it in a responsible way.
* A minimum of 7 hours + exam (1 hour)
* WineWise offers this level as in-company training only.
* Wine merchants and other companies: create a group of minimum 8 people and request an offer free of obligation here.
What you´ll learn
* The basic principles of spirit production
* The main types and styles of spirits
* How to serve spirits
* Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
* How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
* For more information and full details of the course requirements, please download the Specification.
Internationally recognized WSET exam
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions.
A total mark of 70% or more is required to receive the WSET level 1 Award in Spirits certificate and lapel pin.
All WineWise trainers have past WSET level 3 at least and are specialized in the subject Spirits.
* € 245 (excl. VAT – € 296,45 incl. VAT) – classroom
* Re-sit exam: € 85 – attention, a “NO SHOW” without doctors proof is also considered as a re-sit.
* € 160 (excl. VAT – 193,60 incl. VAT) – online