Duration of the course
The WSET ® Level 3 Award in Wines consists of 8 interactive online classes divided over a period of 9 weeks. Each course has a specific start date and exam date, as well as a registration deadline. The exam is held at a determined moment at one of the Belgian exam venues of WineWise. The student can always change the exam date, provided that it is within the registration deadline.
* For professionals working in the wine industry.
* For wine lovers seeking to delve deeper into the world of wines.
* Minimum age of 18.
* It is recommended that you hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. Please contact WineWise at email@example.com.
Possible languages – indicate in box ´remarks´ upon registration
* Online guidance is always in English. Study material and exam can also be ordered in:
* This course is offered monthly.
* A minimum of 90 study hours + exam (1 hour)
* Wine merchants and other companies: this online course is ideal for individual coaching of you and/or your staff with your own portfolio. Please request an offer free of obligation hier.
What you´ll learn
* The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
* How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal:
– still wines of the world
– sparkling wines of the world
– fortified wines of the world
* How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
* How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
* For more information and full details of the course requirements, please download the Specification.
Internationally recognized WSET exam
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions, a paper of short written answers and a blind tasting of two wines.
A total mark of 55% or more is required to receive the WSET level 3 Award in Wines certificate and lapel pin, and to use the associated WSET certified logo.
WSET online trainer
* € 650 (excl. VAT – € 786,50 incl. VAT) – online
* € 65 for extra book in Dutch or French
* € 16,40 shipment outside Belgium
* Re-sit exam: € 85 – attention, a “NO SHOW” without doctors proof is also considered as a re-sit.