Duration of the course
The WSET ® Level 2 Award in Spirits consists of five interactive online classes divided over a period of five weeks. Each course has a specific start date and exam date, as well as a registration deadline. The exam is held at a determined moment at one of the Belgian exam venues of WineWise. The student can always change the exam date, provided that it is within the registration deadline.
* For the beginning to half advanced spirit professional seeking more product knowledge to increase professional confidence on the work floor.
* A must for every barman/-lady.
* For the beginning spirit lover.
* No entry requirements, apart from a minimum age of 18.
* And obviously wanting to learn to taste spirits, and to work with it in a responsible way.
* This course is offered twice a year in September and March.
* A minimum of 28 hours + exam (1 hour)
* Wine merchants and other companies: this online course is ideal for individual coaching of you and/or your staff with your own portfolio. Please request an offer free of obligation here.
* Wine merchants and other companies: create a group of minimum 12 people and request an offer free of obligation here.
What you´ll learn
* The basic principles of spirit production
* The main types and styles of spirits
* How to serve spirits
* Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
* How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
* For more information and full details of the course requirements, please download the Specification.
Internationally recognized WSET exam
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions.
A total mark of 55% or more is required to receive the WSET level 2 Award in Spirits certificate and lapel pin.
* WSET online trainers
* € 375 (excl. VAT – € 453,75 incl. VAT) – online – e-book included
* € 45 (excl. VAT – € 54,45 incl. VAT) for extra book in English
* € 6,40 shipment (€ 16,40 outside Belgium)
* Re-sit exam: € 125 – a “NO SHOW” without doctors proof is also considered as a re-sit.