Duration of the course
The WSET ® Level 1 Award course in wines, consists of seven interactive online classes divided over a period of four weeks. Each course has a specific start date and exam date, as well as a registration deadline. The exam is held at a determined moment at one of the Belgian exam venues of WineWise. The student can always change the exam date, provided that it is within the registration deadline.
* For the beginning wine professional seeking guidance.
* For the beginning wine lover.
* No entry requirements, apart from the minimum age of 16.
* And obviously wanting to learn to taste wine, and to work with it in a responsible way.
* English (standard for online tuition, study materials and exam)
* This course is offered monthly.
* A minimum of 12 hours + exam (1 hour)
* Wine merchants and other companies: this online course is ideal for individual coaching of you and/or your staff with your own portfolio. Please request an offer free of obligation here.
What you´ll learn
* What is wine & how is it made
* Types & styles of wine
* Introduction to tasting
* Grape varieties & wines
* Storage & service of wines
* Pairing food & wines
* How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
* For more information and full details of the course requirements, please download the Specification.
Internationally recognized WSET exam
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions.
A total mark of 70% or more is required to receive the WSET level 1 Award in Wines certificate and lapel pin.
WSET online trainer.
Cost online course
* € 170 (excl. VAT – 205,70 incl. VAT)
* € 25 extra for PDF in French or Dutch
* € 16,40 extra for shipment outside Belgium for French and Dutch PDF
* Re-sit exam: € 85 – attention, a “NO SHOW” without doctors proof is also considered as a re-sit.