Duration of the course
The WSET ® Level 1 Award course in spirits, consists of seven interactive online classes divided over a period of four weeks. Each course has a specific start date and exam date, as well as a registration deadline. The exam is held at a determined moment at one of the Belgian exam venues of WineWise. The student can always change the exam date, provided that it is within the registration deadline.
* For the beginning wine professional seeking guidance.
* For the beginning wine lover.
* No entry requirements, apart from the minimum age of 18.
* And obviously wanting to learn to taste wine, and to work with it in a responsible way.
* This course is offered twice a year, in September and March.
* A minimum of 12 hours + exam (1 hour)
* Wine merchants and other companies: this online course is ideal for individual coaching of you and/or your staff with your own portfolio. Please request an offer free of obligation here.
What you´ll learn
* The basic principles of spirit production
* The main types and styles of spirits
* How to serve spirits
* Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
* How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
* For more information and full details of the course requirements, please download the Specification.
Internationally recognized WSET exam
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions.
A total mark of 70% or more is required to receive the WSET level 1 Award in Spirits certificate and label pin.
WSET online trainer.
Cost online course
* € 160 (excl. VAT – 193,60 incl. VAT)